Total Class time: 1 to 2 classes
Teacher led class (presentation) with class discussions
Objective: to create a proper professional email address for future school (secondary & post secondary) and employment purposes. This is to be done using an online service.
- Example: outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo.ca, etc.
- Gmail would be best for this course, additional option would be to create the exact same email address under outlook.com as well. We will use both for later activities.
- Why do you need a professional Email Address?
- Why is firstname.lastname@example.org a bad email address?
- Identify the positive characteristic of the following examples for John Smith:
Identify why the following is a bad example: email@example.com
- Question: guess where the numbers came from?
- Question: why is it a bad idea to use numbers?
Advance Question: why are the following examples a bad email to use professionally?
Super Advance Question: If any of the above bad examples were used as your personal/professional email address, what would be the consequences?
find out what is your teacher’s professional email address.
send an email to your teacher using your professional email address, you must include the following:
Subject Line: VSB-Gladstone re: Professional Email Address Assignment
Body of email: Your First Name, Last Name, Student Number, Home Room