This creative and innovative course is highly recommended for students who are considering pursing a professional career in Broadcast Communication (television, radio or internet streaming). If you want to know what this course is all about, turn on CNN and see yourself as a member of an exciting team always reporting on important events happening around you.
Students with above average marks in English are encouraged to sign up for this course.
Open to students in Grade 10/11/12.
- making school PA announcements
- being the master of ceremonies at special school events
- making videos for Cafe TV
- creating promotional videos to highlight the school and its various programs
- creating interviews using video and internet media
- updating and improving the school’s website
- learning to utilize portable and stationary video and sound equipment.
This course will also provide introduction to BCIT’s Broadcast Communication Program.
“I took my Broadcast Communication Class to Japan for a 10 days Field Trip.” Mr. Yu
Field Trip: Japan 2009
Broadcast Communication – Term 3 – Youtube
YouTube is a video-sharing website, created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005, on which users can upload, view and share videos. The company is based in San Bruno, California, and uses Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video content, including movie clips, TV clips, and music videos, as well as amateur content such as video blogging and short original videos.
During this term, we will examine the various aspects of Youtube and how it has influences our world.
– Alexandra Wallace – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQ5-7Ii3aU&feature=related
– From an ASIAN Guy – http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=lOGpGoEMu2s&feature=endscreen
– Video Song – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulEMWj3sVA&feature=fvst
– UCLA Chancellor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6feGp0GQVJ8
– News Report – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmhj-Chex24&feature=related
Assignment: (1) Answer 1 of question 1, 2 or 3. (2) Post a reply to someone’s comment, (3) you must answer question 4.
– On screen Bullying
Assignment: (1) Find and locate a Youtube Video that can be used as an example of On Screen Bullying. (2) Answer 1 of question 1, 2 or 3. (3) Post a reply to someone’s comment.
– Looking at how individuals use Youtube to gain social popularity (and fame): Justin Bieber, Rainbow Francks, and Maria Aragon.
– HK Bus Uncle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYRQkmVifg
Assignment: Answer all of the 4 questions in the Post section.
– HK Airport – Missed Flight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbVw7entkxg (Chinese only)
Assignment: Provide a youtube clip of a parody based on the HK Airport clip.
Form of Entertainment
– Jenna Marbles
Assignment: Answer the question in the Posting area.
– Lady GaGa
News and Media Releases
– IPAD 3 release
– The Hunger Game – Movie Trailers
– Maple Leaf Foods
– Harry Potter – Movie Trailers
– The Big Bang Theory
– O Canada 1979 version
– O Canada current CBC version